Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun With Napkins

My electricity went off for a few hours last night. I had planned on making pizza at home, but right around 5:00, a small squall blew through and cut power to my house. My daughter was with me, and the complaints about being hungry started to flow from her precious 5 year old mouth. So, I decided we should go out and try to find a restaurant that had electricity.

We ended up at a local Mexican Restaurant. My daughter ordered her favorite, a plain cheese quesadilla. (Not too much of a stretch from a grilled cheese sandwich...) As we were sitting there eating and talking, she started talking about manners, and of course, she was pointing out all the good things she was doing, like not talking with her mouth full, keeping her elbows off the table, etc. I had pointed out to her that it was very polite that she had placed her napkin on her lap.

Suddenly, she picked up her napkin and tucked it into the front collar of her shirt. She said, "Look Mommy! I'm eating lobster!"

OK...I have no idea where that came from.

0 comments: